Welcome to the Shine Initiative’s Mindmatters Portal for students and faculty members. We are so glad that you are here!
Our mission is to combat discrimination and destigmatize mental health conditions in children young adults. This portal is a place for you, our Mindmatters partners, to help us accomplish that goal, by using your voices to share ideas with other teams, get support for your own, and connect with those that want to spread awareness and education about youth mental health.
These Guidelines will help you understand what is expected of you as a member of this community, but also what you can expect from others.
Share your ideas
- Most of our best concepts come from students and our Mindmatters teams. If something has been successful in your school, or you want to give something a try, let us know!
Welcome new members
- We’ve all been there. The new kid. So, let’s make sure we all say hello and give everyone a seat at the lunch table.
- Remember The Golden Rule? (Hint: Treat others the way you wish to be treated). Being kind and courteous goes a long way! It’s ok to disagree…but do it with respect.
Contact the Shine Initiative
- Have a question or want to contact us? Please do! You can email us at TheShineInitiativeMA@gmail.com Find us on Facebook at The Shine Initiative MA or Instagram at The Shine MA
Attacking, insulting, or abusing other members?
- Not cool. Just don’t.
Posting explicit, obscene, racist or vulgar language and/or images?
- If you want to chill with us, you’ll keep all of these off the portal.
Advertising or links to Spam?
- No thanks! Articles about cool ideas or related topics are ok, but let’s keep things on track.
Personal or private information of yourself or others?
- That’s a big no! Don’t give it out and please, don’t ask for it either!
*The Shine Initiative may revise the Guidelines at any time by making changes to this page. Please check this page from time to time to take notice of any changes as they are legally binding. Provisions contained within these Guidelines may be superseded by provisions or notices published elsewhere on the Shine Initiative site.
Check out our Mindmatters app to assess your mental health, get support and join the conversation about mind wellness.